As I punch in some few words to account my eve of thrue bhab its already 1 04 am. Its ;thrue bhab' as its called in contemporary Dzongkha. I just remembered that back in our village, people call it Thrue Gayp as well. I would like to know why its called therwise as well as much as I would like to know the history behind Thrue Gayp. I googled thrue bhab/ blessed raily day and so on but i landed with spurious info on how its celebrated and all is required on why its celebrated. I will find out tomorrow in Lhakhang or some elderly people. I realised how i havent listened clos enough to the teachers in school and parents when they explained the meaning behind thrue bhab. I can remember a vague picture lopen Sangay Wangdi deliveirng on thrue in th assembly - the words of gold fell in the ears of donkey...we were busy murmuring and whispering nonsenese to the person in front and behind in line. Now I want to know why and I want my children to know and practise it my parents have been doing. I feel that its skipping a generation since i have never been a serious thrue practitioner myself. Its not too late to redeem the practise and pass onto my children the value of culture not only as a back drop of our identity but as an occassion to count our blessings and time for bonding with our loved ones.
With this my preparation for thrue started with a trip to a mat shop...the bought a ara as sekem for Ap Gyengyen...made thukpa (veg)...my sister has made pot full of chickn and prok mixed....
I plan to strat the day with:
1. Bath
2. Tashi Tsegpa
3. Thukpa
4. Trip to dechenphug - karmig n sekem
5. picnic - rice/ chicken/egg/pankay/juice/chips/badminton/
No comments:
Post a Comment